Medications and Drug Safety
Chad died of multiple drug toxicity, also known as CDI (Combined Drug Intoxication), Lethal Polydrug/Polypharmacy Intoxication, MDI (Multiple Drug Intake).
He had 12 different prescriptions for sleep and anxiety. Don’t let that happen to you.
We believe that blindly throwing prescriptions at victims of PTSD and depression is a bad idea. There are many treatment methods that should be considered besides pills.
Arm and defend yourself with knowledge. Be aware that these drugs can build up in your system over time, so even if they aren’t causing any trouble right away, their effects can creep up on you, and they can kill you.
More and more celebrities are making headlines from this epidemic (Elvis Presley, Heath Ledger, Anna Nicole Smith, Brittany Murphy, Michael Jackson) but not enough people know about how badly our veterans are suffering from this.
- Clonazepam / Klonopin
- Fluoxetine / Prozac
- Lorazepam / Ativan
- Accidental overdose
- Multiple drug toxicity
- Lack of mental clarity
Symptoms of Multiple Drug Toxicity:
- Low blood oxygen (leads to brain death)
- Respiratory failure
- Vegetative state
- EMDR Therapy
- Service Animals (like dogs)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- First and foremost, EDUCATE YOURSELF as much as possible. Don’t assume your doctor is infallible, because doctors are human too, and they see a lot of different patients.
- Check your presciptions for potential interactions. DON’T take any other drugs or drink alcohol while on prescription medication.
- Avoid taking any more medication than you have to. Know that herbal supplements can also interact with your prescription medication.
- Ask your doctor about alternatives to prescription medications, and don’t be afraid to seek out another doctor if needed.
You can also read news articles about these drugs, watch videos, or listen to audio clips here on our website.
This organization has compiled a large list of all types of substances, and medications that are available. Addictionlibrary.org is part of the USA Addiction Treatment Partnership, a Florida registered non-profit.
Drugwatch.com reports on the latest information regarding dangerous drugs and defective medical devices. Patient Advocates can answer your medical questions and point you to a specialist. They can also assess your situation and help you find an attorney.
Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products.